Blueberry muffins and banana bread are a must in Southern baking. There is nothing like a warm muffin served with butter and a hot cup of coffee. I have created a recipe that allows you to have the best of both worlds! These muffins are soft, moist and not too sweet! Enjoy!
Banana Blueberry Muffins
Created by A Pinch of Crazy
Servings: 12 Large Muffins/ 14 Regular Muffins
Prep Time: 15 Minutes Bake Time: 15 Minutes
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
½ cup butter(softened)
½ granulated sugar
½ cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup whole milk
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
2 cups mashed bananas(overripe)
1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease 12 cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking powder until evenly distributed.
3. Using a kitchen mixer with paddle attachment, beat softened butter and sugars until fluffy.
4. Add milk, eggs and vanilla to mixer and beat on low speed. Slowly add in flour mixture.
5. Remove bowl and carefully fold your fruit into batter without breaking the blueberries.
6. Pour batter into muffin tin and bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.
7. Let muffins cool on wire rack for 10 minutes and serve warm with butter.