This sweet and salty treat brings back so many memories of my childhood. From school lunches to days swimming at my Granny’s, Rice Krispie Treats were always a favorite! This recipe is super easy to make for the kids, with the kids or when your husband is asking for a late night snack! It only takes 15 minutes to prepare and is ready to enjoy after it sits for about 30 to 45 minutes. About an hour for this recipe is totally worth it!!!
6 cups of Rice Krispies
1/4 cup unsalted butter
5 cups of miniature marshmallows
1-2 cups mini chocolate chips(the more the better!!)
2 cups crushed miniature pretzels
1/2 cup melted caramel
1. Melt butter and marshmallows in a medium sauce pan on low heat stirring continuously.
2. When butter and marshmallow mixture starts to bubble, remove from heat and mix in Rice Krispies and crushed pretzels.
** I crush my pretzels in a gallon size freezer bag.
3. Pour mixture into a 9 x 13 baking dish and evenly distribute by laying wax paper on top and pressing down with hands.
4. Sprinkle Rice Krispie treats with mini chocolate chips and pressed down lightly with wax paper to secure the chips in place.
5. Drizzle with melted caramel and let sit before serving. After cooled cut into squares(size of your choice).