Maple Bacon Chocolate Chip Muffins are quite the tasty treat. This recipe is like eating a chocolate chip cookie with your breakfast. It has Organic Maple Syrup, Applewood Smoked Bacon and Mini Chocolate Chips! Feel free to add more bacon to your muffin mix if desired.
Prep Time: 20 minutes w/cooking bacon
Bake Time: 18-20 minutes
Servings: 14-16 Regular Muffins
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup melted unsalted butter (cooled)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup whole milk
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp organic maple syrup
1 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
4 slices of cooked bacon(crumbled)
** Save a few bacon crumbles to sprinkle on top of your muffins
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, chocolate chips and bacon crumbles in medium size bowl.
3. Whisk in kitchen mixer the melted butter, sugars, eggs, whole milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
4. Slowly add dry ingredients in mixer.
5. Lightly grease muffin tin or line each slot with a cupcake liner.
** Cupcake liners will give you more of a traditional softer muffin rather then the browned sides pictured below.
6. Spoon batter into muffin cups and top with bacon.
7. Bake for 5 minutes at 425 degrees then another 13-15 minutes at 375 degrees.
8. Let muffins cool before serving.