Ham and Cheddar Muffins are simple yet delicious. My son can be a picky eater so I have learned a little trick on how to get him to eat what I want… Hide it in the muffins! I have made this recipe also with cheese, corn, spinach and peas. He loves them! The best part is you can freeze them and defrost in microwave before serving. They still are moist and soft after the defrost. If you want to make the veggie version than just substitute the veggies for the ham. Play around with this recipe just be sure to keep the flour, baking powder, eggs and milk the same.
Ham & Cheddar Muffins
2 cups of all-purpose flour
4 tsp of baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups of milk
2 cups of finely chopped cheddar cheese
1 cup of fully cooked cubed ham
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
3. Whisk together eggs and milk in separate bowl.
4. Make a well in the middle of flour mixture and add the eggs and milk.
5. Fold in ham and cheddar until completely mixed.
6. Scoop into lightly greased muffin pan.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes until muffins are golden brown. You can also insert a toothpick into the center of a muffin to see if it is baked all the way through. If batter comes out on the toothpick then it needs to bake longer.
8. Let cool on a wire rack for 5-10 minutes before serving.